Here’s how you can split-screen on iPhone 13/ iPhone 13 pro
With the new IOS that has been launched, it is now possible to split screen on iPhone 13/ iPhone 13 pro and to multitask on your iPhone in a limited way. This functionality brings it much closer to an iPad-like experience.
Multitasking or split-screen on your iPhone 13/ iPhone 13 pro allows you to open two apps simultaneously and work on them. You can use 2 apps like WhatsApp in the top window and Chrome or Safari in the bottom window.
However, Apple does not allow you split screen natively so we will have to do some workarounds for that.
How to Split Screen In iPhone 13/ iPhone 13 Pro Using a Third Party App.
Let’s learn how to enable Split Screen multi-tasking on Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max in this tutorial.
Related: How to Split Screen In Iphone 12
Though IOS itself does not support split-screen multitasking on any of its iPhone models, unlike Android, there are some workarounds by installing some third-party apps from the App Store which will enable you to split-screen multitasking on iPhone 13. However, you do need to comprise on some of the features.
- Open the Apple App Store on your Apple iPhone 13/ iPhone 13 Pro.
- Search for “Split Screen Multitasking” on the App Store. You can install this app also here.
- Open the App and click on the Split Screen button to start the multi-window experience.
- Now you can open 2 windows at the same time. Do note that currently, these allow only web-based multitasking and not apps. So you can open 2 websites but not 2 apps.
- You can resize the screens by dragging the center line up or down.
- You can also enable dark mode.
Different types of Split Screen Multitasking in Iphone
Split view is when two apps appear side-by-side. Any one of the apps can be resized by dragging the centre line up or down.
Currently, even with the use of third party apps, you can only split view 2 websites and not apps in your Iphone.
Some of the apps supporting Split View are the settings page, Mail, Notes. However, these will only display Split View in Landscape mode.
Slide Over/ Picture in Picture
Also known as Picture in Picture mode, one app will appear as a smaller floating window that you can drag to any part of the screen.
This is currently offered natively by Apple in IOS. For eg, Youtube Videos, Netflix, Prime Videos can all be played over the home screen.
- You need to open the video playing app first.
- Launch the video that you want to play.
- Let the video play and then close the app. The Video will keep playing in Picture in Picture mode on the home screen. You can adjust the video size and even it’s position by dragging it to where ever you want on the home screen.
- You can now launch a different app and the video will keep playing over it.
Here in some apps, you can open a center window that will make you focus on that particular app and at the same time access other items like an email or a note.
This feature is not offered by Apple nor can you access it by using a Third Party App.
This feature is though available in Android phones.
Check out a detailed step by step video guide here:
DannyLab · February 12, 2022 at 5:40 pm
was trying to get this right, and just came across your blog.
Gilber · June 17, 2022 at 5:11 am
I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This
piece of writing posted at this site is in fact nice.
Jay · July 14, 2022 at 9:54 am
Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this blog.
It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appearance.
I must say you have done a amazing job with
this. Also, the blog loads super fast for me on Firefox.
Kiuo · August 11, 2022 at 11:15 am
Does not work, u cant multitask
Ethaser · August 19, 2022 at 6:44 pm
Could u clarify, how do i split screen? Can we multitask
How to Split Screen on Samsung S22/S22 Plus/S22 Ultra - Unbox & Review Tech · January 10, 2022 at 11:58 am
[…] Related: How to Split Screen In Iphone 13 […]