How to record calls on iphone.Can you record a phone call on iPhone?How can I record an iPhone conversation? How can I record a call on my iPhone for free? how to record call on iphone without app.
The iPhone is a fantastic phone due to its stylish design and user-friendly technology, which has recently attained great popularity. However, due to the lack of knowledge of its innumerable features, people often end up disliking the phone. For example, people don’t know how to record a phone call on their iPhone which can lead to them feeling disappointed with the phone itself.
But you don’t have to worry. This article will guide you on how you can record phone calls on your iPhone and save them on your phone without the person on the other side getting to know about it.
How to record phone calls on iPhone
Recording using the voice memo app
One way to do this is using the phone memo option on your iPhone. The phone memo is the in-built recorder in an iPhone. It can be used to record audio of any length for free.
You can download this app from the Apple store on iPhone to record calls for free. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Phone memo app on the iPhone.
- Click on the record button. The recording will start.
- Now make a call to the person whose call you intend to record. If you are already on the call, you can mute that call and start the recording on the phone memo.
- You can pause and resume the recording any time in between the call. However, make sure you mute the call while pressing any button, as the sound of the button can reach the person on the other side of the call.
- If you want to record the whole call, click the stop recording button in the app after the call is cut. However, if you wish to record only a part of the call, you can stop the recording in between.
- The recording would be then saved in the All recording folder in the Files app. You can also trim, cut, delete, rename and even share the recording with someone using Airdrop.
Related:How to Split Screen on iPhone 13
Recording calls using third-party apps
Many third-party apps have been launched in the market with the purpose of recording phone calls on iPhone without the other person knowing. Here are some of the best apps available on the iPhone that can be lifesavers in case you want to record a phone call.
- ACR Call Recorder– This app is widely used for call recording for iPhones. It is well known for its smooth and user-friendly interface. You can record both incoming as well as outgoing calls with this recorder. Also, you can save, edit or upload your recorded call on cloud platforms such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. You can even generate the transcripts of the recorded calls.
- Call Recorder Lite– This free app for iPhone allows you to record calls using a three-way call merge system. All you need to do is open the app and click on the start recording button. The app will dial the recording number, and then you can dial the number of the person concerned. Both calls will be merged, and the call will be recorded without any hassles.
You can upload the call recording on the cloud and even share it through emails or iMessage etc. You can record unlimited calls for free with the free version but can listen only for the first 60 seconds of the call. It also comes with a pro version in which you can record and listen for up to 300 minutes.
- RecMyCalls– This is a great app for recording incoming and outgoing calls, as it provides HD recordings with crystal clear voice quality from both ends. It records your calls with the conference call system. Although to record a call, you will need first to open the app and then call the person from the app. It comes with a free trial; however, you have to pay a subscription fee to use it for a longer time.
- Rev Call Recorder– This is a free-to-use call recorder for iPhones. You can record your calls for free but you would have to pay some amount if you want to get your calls transcribed. It is an ad-free app that does not come with any recording limit. It provides you with the feature of recording high-quality calls and sharing or exporting your recordings through multiple options. However, this app works only with US phone numbers.
- TapeACall Pro– This is one of the best apps in the market today for call recording on iPhone. You can record calls and be rest assured that the voice quality from both ends will be great. It allows you to record incoming and outgoing calls, and you just have to tap the recording button in the app to begin the recording. It is completely free to download and use with limitations. Although, if you want to record unlimited calls, you can download its paid version.
Recording iPhone calls using Google Voice
A very good option to record calls is by using Google Voice. Google Voice comes with the facility of a phone number which is free of cost, an inbox for voicemail, and the capability of making international as well as domestic calls. It is a calling service in the US and Canada, which is free to use and follows the Voice Over Internet Protocol.
You need to follow these steps to set up Google Voice on your phone-
- Open the app store on your iPhone and download the “Google Voice” app for free. Create an account, or link it with your Google account.
- Click on the “Search” option and select the number you want your google voice account to be associated with.
- After confirming your number, follow the next steps. Enter your phone number in the step asked.
- You will receive a code for verification on imessage. Using the code, set up Google Voice on your phone.
Before making calls, follow these steps-
- You will find a “gear” button on the top-right corner of the page. Open the “settings” menu.
- Click on the “Calls” tab which you will be able to see on the left side of the page. Scroll down, and click on “incoming call options”, visible on the right side.
However, Google might notify the person on the other side of the call that they are being recorded. Thus, if you want to record a call without the other person knowing about it, this option might not be perfect for you.
Record calls on your iPhone with Voicemail
If you have already set up Voicemail on your iPhone, then you can easily record phone calls on your iPhone using this cool iPhone trick. For this, you need to follow these steps-
- Call the number you want to record the call with and put the call on hold.
- Tap the add call option on your iPhone. Dial your number and call it to reach your voicemail.
- After the greetings of voicemail finish, tap on merge calls.
- After the call is ended, you will be able to find the recording of the call in your voicemail.
Read:3 Simple Steps to Share Your Wi-Fi Password from iPhone to Android
In case you want to conduct call recording on your iPhone using this method, you will first need to check if voicemail is enabled by your carrier service or not. For this, you need to open the phone app and click the voicemail option on the right side of the bottom of the screen. If you can see a list of voicemail messages, this means you can receive voicemails. However, if you can see only the “call voicemail” option, this means voicemail is not available on your phone and thus this method would not work for you.
You can now see which of the methods above is suitable for your call recording on iPhone requirements. Try the different methods and see which one works best for you.