How to record calls on Google Pixel 6 Pro. Can you record calls on Pixel 6. Call recording not working on Pixel 6 Pro.
The Pixel 6 Pro and the Pixel 6 are perhaps the best flagship mobiles money can buy. They give solid competition to the Pixel 6 Pro 13 Pro and leave Samsung and other Android mobiles far behind.
Though being an android mobile, just like Apple, Google takes user privacy very seriously. Thus, Google does not natively offer call recording in Pixel 6/ Pixel 6 Pro.
If you are like me, who for the life of me, just cannot remember the specific details of a conversation, then call recording is a must-have feature.
Perhaps that’s why my work phone is always a Samsung which makes call recording a breeze.
However, If you have a Pixel 6 Pro, fret not, cause I am here to help you out.
This article will guide you on how you can record phone calls on your Pixel 6 Pro and save them on your phone without the person on the other side getting to know about it.
In this Article
How to record phone calls on Pixel 6 Pro
Recording using the voice memo app
The simplest and easiest way to do this is using the placing the call on speakerphone and then recording the entire conversation on a secondary phone’s voice recorder app. This can be used to record audio of any length for free.
You can download this app from the Google Play Store on Pixel 6 Pro to record calls for free. Just follow these steps:
- Open the voice recorder app on the 2nd phone.
- Click on the record button. The recording will start.
- Now make a call to the person whose call you intend to record, from your Pixel Pro 6 and put it on speakerphone. If you are already on the call, you can mute that call and start the recording on the phone memo on the second phone, and then resume your call.
- You can pause and resume the recording any time in between the call. However, make sure you mute the call while pressing any button, as the sound of the button can reach the person on the other side of the call.
- If you want to record the whole call, click the stop recording button in the app after the call is cut. However, if you wish to record only a part of the call, you can stop the recording in between.
- The recording would be then saved in the voice memo folder. You can also trim, cut, delete, rename and even share the recording with someone.
However, it may prove to be cumbersome to always carry a 2nd phone around and place each call on speakerphone, and then switch on the voice recorder on the other phone.
I tried it for a week, and half the time, I would just forget to switch on the voice recorder or worse, simply misplace the 2nd phone.
Recording calls on Pixel 6 Pro using third-party apps
Many third-party apps have been launched in the market with the purpose of recording phone calls on the Pixel Pro 6 without the other person knowing. Here are some of the best apps available on the Pixel 6 Pro that can be lifesavers if you want to record a phone call.
- Call Recorder-Cube ACR
- Automatic Call Recorder by RSA
- Automatic Call Recorder
- Rev Call Recorder
- Auto Call Recorder
- Call Recorder Automatic Call Recorder callX
- Call Recorder- ACR
Recording Pixel 6 Pro calls using Google Voice
A very good option to record calls is by using Google Voice. Google Voice comes with the facility of a phone number free of cost, an inbox for voicemail,, and the capability of making international and domestic calls. It is a calling service in the US and Canada, free to use, and follows the Voice Over Internet Protocol.
You need to follow these steps to set up Google Voice on your phone-
- Open the play store on your Pixel 6 Pro and download the “Google Voice” app for free. Create an account, or link it with your Google account.
- Click on the “Search” option and select the number you want your google voice account to be associated with.
- After confirming your number, follow the next steps. Enter your phone number in the step asked.
- You will receive a code for verification on message. Using the code, set up Google Voice on your phone.
Before making calls, follow these steps-
- You will find a “gear” button on the top-right corner of the page. Open the “settings” menu.
- Click on the “Calls” tab which you will be able to see on the left side of the page. Scroll down, and click on “incoming call options”, visible on the right side.
However, Google might notify the person on the other side of the call that they are being recorded. Thus, if you want to record a call without the other person knowing about it, this option might not be perfect.
Record calls on your Pixel 6 Pro with Voicemail
If you have already set up Voicemail on your Pixel 6 Pro, you can easily record phone calls on your Pixel 6 Pro using a cool Pixel 6 Pro trick. For this, you need to follow these steps-
- Call the number you want to record the call with and put the call on hold.
- Tap the add call option on your Pixel 6 Pro. Dial your number and call it to reach your voicemail.
- After the greetings of voicemail finish, tap on merge calls.
- After the call is ended, you will be able to find the recording of the call in your voicemail.
In case you want to conduct call recording on your Pixel 6 Pro using this method, you will first need to check if voicemail is enabled by your carrier service or not. For this, you need to open the phone app and click the voicemail option on the right side of the bottom of the screen. If you can see a list of voicemail messages, this means you can receive voicemails. However, if you can see only the “call voicemail” option, this means voicemail is not available on your phone and thus this method would not work for you.
How to record Whatsapp, Instagram, and also Messenger video call on Google Pixel 6 pro?
It is possible to record WhatsApp, Instagram, or messenger video and voice calls on Google Pixel 6 Pro.
However, you need to install a third-party app like XRecorder, which would allow you to take screen recordings and also take snapshots during the video call.
How to find and play a recorded conversation
What’s the point of recording a call if you are unable to play it back.
You should know where the recorded file is so that you have easy access to it.
In the case of recording calls using third-party apps, then the recorded calls would be in the app itself or in the app files.
In case you have recorded via voicemail, then they would be in your voicemail inbox.
If the call recording has been done via the speakerphone method, then they would be stored in the voice memo app of the second phone.
Is it legal to record a conversation during a telephone chat?
You are not required to inform the other party that you are recording the conversation, but it is generally considered polite to do so. However, in some states, there may be laws requiring you to get the other person’s permission before recording a phone call. If you are unsure about the laws in your state, it is best to err on the side of caution and get the other person’s permission before recording a conversation.
However, in the United States, Federal law requires that at least one party taking part in the call must be notified of the recording (18 U.S.C. §2511(2)(d)).
Call recording laws in some U.S. states require only one party to be aware of the recording, while other states generally require both parties to be aware. Several states require that all parties consent when one party wants to record a telephone conversation.
So technically, you are allowed to record a call as long as you are a party to the conversation you are recording.
According to where you reside, you might want to check on the legality of recording calls to ensure that you don’t face any legal problems.
Also, note that it is not possible to record WiFi calls, nor is it possible to record WhatsApp, messenger, or any other calls that happen over WiFi.
You can now see which of the methods above is suitable for your call recording on Pixel 6 Pro requirements. Try the different methods and see which one works best for you.
About Google Pixel 6 Pro:
The Pixel 6 Pro was launched on October 28, 2021.
It has a 6.71-inch Corning Gorilla Glass Victus display, with a 1440×3120 resolution.
The triple camera system has a 50MP wide+48MP telephoto+12MP ultrawide. The front camera is 11.1 MP, supports Auto-HDR, and records video at 4K@30fps and 1080P@30/60fps.
The battery capacity of the Pixel 6 Pro is 5003mAh, with 30W fast charging. It also has 23W wireless charging.